Metrowater, as a part of capacity building exercise has established its Staff Training Centre during the year 1982
The Training Centre is situated at 56,Raji street, Ayanavaram Chennai-23 (adjoining the Kilpauk Water Treatment Plant) under the control of Engineering Director and headed by a Director in the cadre of Superintending Engineer.In-house Training:
Metrowater Training Centre is presently conducting 44 In-house training programmes under the following 7 modules for the Board’s staff:
- Operation & Maintenance Module
- Water quality Module
- Water Supply and Sewage disposal Module
- Human Resource Development Module
- Project Management Module
- Financial Development Module
- Information Technology Module
Besides conducting training programmes for the staff of Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board the following five CPHEEO sponsored Refresher Courses viz., Corrosion Control, Sewage Works Supervisor, Filter Operation, Care and use of Chlorinators and Water Mains and Sewer Lines are being conducted every year during the period from November to February for Public Health Engineers across India.
- Corrosion control
- Sewage Works Supervisor
- Filter Operation
- Care and Use of Chlorinators
- Laying of Water Mains and Sewer lines
Permission is accorded for students of Educational Institutions / Universities who wish to attend In-plant training / project work / data collection at any of the Board’s WTP / STP or administrative / finance / technical wings at Head Office on payment of Rs.200/- per head / plant plus applicable tax.
Permission is accorded for Students of Educational Institutions / Faculty members of Institutions/Universities who wish to visit any of the following Board's Treatment Plants on payment of Rs.50/- per head / plant / day subject to the minimum of Rs.1250/- per batch / plant (restricted to 25 students per batch)
- Desalination Plant at Nemmeli
- Water Treatment Plants
- Chembarambakkam (530 MLD)
- Puzhal (300 MLD)
- Sewage TreatmmendmPlants
Payment may be made either through Demand Draft payable at Chennai in favour of "Resource Centre. CMWSSB" or cash payment vide current account no.8439201000239 in any branches of Canara Bank.
Apart from regular in-house and CPHEEO sponsored programme, the following special training programmes were also conducted.
- Course on "Water and Waste water Management"for the Municipal Engineers of Bhopal, Gwalior and indore. Madhya Pradesh.
- Basic course on Ö&M of Sewerage facilities and Sewage Treatment Plants"for Technical Operators and Intermediate course for the Assistant Engineers of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Goa and Maharashtra supported under Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA) in association with National River Conservation Directorate (NRCD).
- Course on "Maintenance of Sewerage system and the precautionary measures to be taken during cleaning of sewerage system"for the Engineers of Municipalities / Corporations under TNUDP - III.
- Field training was given to all the field workers in ther locations on "Safety Pracitices"emphasizing the Government order on Prohibition of Human entry into the Manhole and Safety procedure to be adopted in handling the equipment used for Sewerage System Management.
- Induction and orientation coursed to the newly recruited staff of CMWSS Board (As and when recruited)
- Training for Board Contract labourers (O&M) on "Safety handling of sewer system maintenance"
- Training for Project Contract labourers on "Procedures and Safety Measures adopted in CMWSSB ongoing Project works".
- Metrowater Training Centre is conducting the Department Exam once in a year for the staff of CMWSS Board.
- Metrowater Training Centre is also co-ordinating to conduct oral Interviews for recruiting staff for filling up the post in different categories.
- Air conditioned Class Rooms 2 Nos with 40 Nos of seating capacity each
- Computer Lab - 1 No with 24 Nos of Computers
- Meeting Hall with 75Nos. seating capacity
- Library with a collection of about 2900 books covering Engineering. Technology, Management, Training, Finance disciplines and Computers as well as Operational manuals, specifications and ISI codes is available.
- Administrative office including dining hall.
- Work shop I & II, Laboratory and Research lab.
- Hostel with 3 single bed rooms & 5 double bed rooms with A.C, Television facilities and Dining hall
FACULTY LIST (INTERNAL) CMWSSB
|S.No||Tvl. Name of the Faculty|
|1.||Thiru. A.Abdul Rasheed, Chief Engineer|
|2.||Thiru. T.Udayakumar,COF/CCOF i/c.,|
|3.||Thiru. P.Rajaram, Director (TC), Superintending Engineer|
|4.||Thiru. R. Narasimhan, Superintending Engineer(South)|
|5.||Tmt. A.Suhasini, Dy. Director(TC),Executive Engineer|
|6.||Thiru. C.Gajendran, Executive Engineer|
|7.||Tmt.P.Karpagam, Executive Engineer|
|8.||N. Mani Megalai, Executive Engineer|
|9.||Thiru. P.Subramanian, Assistant Hydrogeologist|
|10.||Thiru. D.Manoharan, Assistant Executive Engineer|
|11.||Thiru. K.R.Sivakumar, Assistant Executive Engineer|
|12.||Thiru. K.Kalai Selvam, Assistant Executive Engineer|
|13.||Thiru. S.Ganesan, Assistant Executive Engineer|
|14.||R.Siva Rajani, Assistant Executive Engineer|
|15.||J.Palaniraj, Assistant Executive Engineer|
|16.||Thiru. S.Vincent, System Analyst|
|17.||Thiru. M.Shanmuga Sundaram, Programmer|
|18.||Thiru. P.Baskar, Programmer|
|19.||Thiru. R.Dharuman, Programmer|
|20.||Thiru. T.Vedachalam, Programmer|
|21.||Thiru. V.Srinivasan, Programmer|
|22.||Tmt. Bhargavi, SAO|
|23.||Tmt. Saveetha, SAO|
|24.||Thiru. Muthu Ganesh, SAO|
|25.||Thiru. Rajesh Kannan, SAO|
|26.||Thiru. Vijaya Kumar, SAO|
|27.||Tmt. Sumathi, SAO|
|28.||Tmt. Priyadarshini, SAO|
FACULTY LIST (EXTERNAL)
|S.No||Name of the Faculty|
|2.||Thiru. A.L.Radhakrishnan,C.E(Retd.), CMWSSB|
|4.||Thiru. N.N.Vijaya Rajan S.E (Retd.,) CMWSSB|
|5.||Thiru. Nainadurai, Executive Engineer (Retd.)|
|6.||Thiru. K.Murugan, E.E. (Retd.),|
|7.||Thiru. R.Panneer Selvam, Executive Engineer, (Retd), TWAD|
|8.||Thiru. K.S. Sridharan, HRD Consultant|
|9.||Mrs. Alamelu Sukumaran, HRD Consultant|
|10.||Thiru. G.Seetharaman, Senior Accounts Officer (Retd.) Internal Audit, CMWSSB|
|11.||Thiru. A.Gouthaman, Advocate, High Court, Chennai|
|12.||Dr. S.Baskar Principal Scientist, SERC|
|13.||Dr.S.N.Venkatesan RTI Consultant(Retd.)|
|14.||Dr.U.Gandhidas, General Physician|
|15.||Thiru. K.E.Elumalai, DCOF(Retd) CMWSSB|
|16.||Dr. V.Anand Kumar, Asst Professor, Anna University, Chennai|
|17.||Thiru. M.Vincent, Chief Chemist (Retd.), CMWSSB|
|18.||Thiru. A.Vivekanandhan, Chief Chemist (Retd.).CMWSSB|
|19.||Thiru. N.Velayutham, M.D,Femec Tech Pvt Ltd|
|20.||Thiru. Syed Amir Basha Head, Nemmili Desal Plant (VA Tech)|
|21.||Thiru. Madhavan Unni, VA (Tech), Nemmili Desal Plant|
|22.||Thiru. Harish, Instrumentation Engineer, Nemmeli Desal Plant|
|23.||Thiru. Anwar Basha, VA Tech|
|24.||Thiru. T. Selva Kumar, Asst. Prof., Hindustan College|
|25.||M/s. Ladders Pvt. Ltd.,|
|26.||Thiru. Manavai, Va.Elango, Yoga Class|
|27.||Thiru. M.S Premnath, HRD Consultant|
|28.||Thiru. Arul Mozhi Varman, Minjur Desal Plant Consultant.|
|29.||Thiru. Chandra Mohan, Consultant (M.D.P.)|
|30.||Thiru. K. Ponmariappan, Asst. Dist. Officer, TNFRS|
|31.||Thiru. Madhivanan, Director, Tech-BUZZ|
|32.||Thiru. R. Baskaran, Ambulance Services|